Zhejiang Gongshang University Scholarship for International Students
Zhejiang Gongshang University launches the special program for the purpose of further promoting the level of our university’s internationalized education, attracting more international students and scholars to study and engage in scientific research in the university, and creating a healthy learning and living atmosphere among the international students.
2. Supporting Category
This program supports outstanding undergraduates, master and PhD students (collectively referred to as degree students hereinafter) and Chinese language students in a Chinese program for one semester or longer, who are studying in or applying for ZJGU.
3. Types of Scholarships
Enrolled Degree Student
International degree students who are already enrolled
First Prize: 70% of Tuition fees
Second Prize: 50% of Tuition fees
Third Prize: 30% of Tuition fees
New Degree Student
International degree students who are newly enrolled and have excellent academic performance or other strengths
First Prize: 100% of Tuition fees
Second Prize: 70% of Tuition fees
Third Prize: 40% of Tuition fees
Enrolled Chinese Language Student
Scholarship for Outstanding Student: Scores for all classes above or at least 90，attendance rate was above 90% in last semester, active in all kinds of activities
Scholarship of Diligent Study: Diligent in studies, Scores for all classes above or at least 85，attendance rate was above 95% in last semester.
Scholarship of Arts and Sports Activities and Social Service: Active in the cultural and sports activities organized by the University, city or provincial level organizers; bearing good moral quality; enthusiastic in social public welfare; active in the students association; other prize winner
Scholarship for HSK Front-Runner: The students who have passed HSK 4 or above (level 5 or 6); Assessment based on higher scores and levels, no repeats for the winner.
4. Application Eligibility
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
(2) For undergraduate programs, applicants should be graduated from high school; For Master programs, applicants must have a bachelor degree; For PhD programs, applicants must have a master degree; For Chinese language programs, applicants must have a high school certificate or above, and must apply for a Chinese language program longer than one semester;
(3) Applicants should behave well both on and out of campus, and have no records of violating laws and regulations of China and host university;
(4) Applicants who are enrolled students should be diligent in learning and have an average grade of 70 or above in their final examinations (re-sit exams are not included) and no absence in exams. Newly enrolled applicants should also have an average grade of 70 or above and provide the academic transcript of the last highest education as proof. Applicants with an outstanding performance in other areas will also be considered.
(5) Enrolled students failed to pay for all their tuition and accommodation fees for the year or years before applying or have an attendance rate lower than 80% will be disqualified of that year’s scholarship.
5. Application Procedures
A. For new international students:
Finish Online application for ZJGU: Please log in the Online Application System of Zhejiang Gongshang University（hzic.at0086.cn/student, Google or 360 Browser).
First step: Finish the course application. Fill in the forms and upload the following required documents in clear scanned copies,then submit it.
Second step: Please choose Chinese University Scholarship→ ZJSU Scholarship for New International Students to finish the scholarship application.
(1) A photocopy of valid passport
(2) Notarized highest degree certificate and academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. Applicants who are still studying in schools should submit the pre-graduation certificate issued by the school.
Note: Applicants who apply for the program with pre-graduation certificate should provide the highest degree certificate before the registration date, or the admission will be disqualified.
(3) Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates or the original language certificate of the teaching language (Chinese or English) during the highest education (applicants for Chinese language programs do not need to provide them).
(4) Two letters of recommendation written and signed by professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English, with their phone numbers and email address (applicants for undergraduate programs do not need to provide them).
(5) Resume (applicants for undergraduate programs do not need to provide them)
(6) Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if available) (applicants for undergraduate programs do not need to provide them).
(7) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.pdf filled in Chinese or English. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority must cover all of the items listed in it. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. lPlease carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months.
(8) Certificate of No Criminal Record
(9) For applicants under the age of 18, a letter of Authorization for Parents.pdf and a letter of Guarantee for Guardian.pdf shall be submitted. The guardian shall be an Chinese adult or foreigner residing in China.
(10) Receipt of the application fee (RMB400). The fee cannot be returned.
B. For enrolled students:
Online application is not available; please consult your college for application information.
6. Application Results
ZJSU will review and evaluate the scholarship applications of the admitted students. The scholarship winners will be notified by email and SMS in the online application system of our school in early July 2022 for new application students. The enrolled students will be informed by the major school during September to October.
7. Other Instructions
For degree students, the scholarship application will be assessed once a year;
For Language students, the scholarship application will be assessed once a semester.
8. Contact Information
Email address: email@example.com
Address: Office 517, 18 Xuezheng Str., Xiasha High Education Zone, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China.